-Caveat Lector-

>Source say investigators are eyeing a number of groups,
>including radical members of a pagan cult.  The Wiccan
>group fashions itself as modern-day witches seeking
>religious freedom, but they are not known to be violent.
>Investigators are probing whether a disturbed member of
>the group may have taken a bizarre turn and is targeting
>the media and the government in particular.

Can you say "COINTELPRO"?

While Wiccans are a diverse group, and one can no more make a blanket
statement regarding all Wiccans as one can make a blanket statement
regarding "all Christians" or "all Jews" or "all Moslems", there IS one
common thing amongst all 'flavors' of Wicca, and that is a profound respect
for life -- some of the most strident antiabortionists I've ever known were
Wiccans -- so they would be one of the LAST groups one should suspect of
being behind this anthrax smoke-and-mirrors thing...

It reminds me of the COINTELPRO program of the 60s where agent provocateurs
infiltrated peace groups and then agitated to have those groups plant
bombs...any group claiming to be Wiccan that would try to kill people with
anthrax is NOT a real Wiccan group, IMO...

I wonder if this might not be part of a 'turf' war, perhaps a more evil
occult group entrenched in government is seeking this as a way to get rid
of what it deems a rival, a rival that it feels has a real possibility of
circumventing the evil group's plans; I'm not saying that *I* give credence
to any of this occult stuff, only that others who are in power MAY...

June