Also as a followup, in my not so humble opinion,
These audio 'catches' are the result of mistakes. I
  believe any other TI who would record night in
  night out, using tapes would pick up the same thing.

    The mistakes are made by the various crews of
  perps who will monitor and or administer/torture
  a person over an extended period of time.  These
  are the circumstances in which mistakes are made.

    Also the technique of targeting the genital groin
   area of a test/torture subject probably has two
    purposes.

  1) Accessibility to the abdominal/respiratory cavities

  2) It humiliates the test subject making them less
         likely to talk about it.

   JZ