-Caveat Lector-

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25725

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

Bringing back civil defense

© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

If there's a silver lining to the dark cloud of terrorist attacks on America,
I hope it is the awareness that our country is virtually defenseless against
attacks on our homeland.

For far too long, America has relied exclusively on the doctrine of "Mutually
Assured Destruction" as its only defense of U.S. soil. In fact, the very word
"defense," in the American lexicon, has come to mean "offense." The Pentagon
is solely focused on fighting foreign wars in foreign lands and has abdicated
its authority and responsibility for defense of the civilian population of
the USA.

If a nuclear war is launched against the United States, our only recourse is
to watch millions of Americans die, while raining death and destruction on
the attacker. There are several problems with the MAD doctrine in the
post-Sept. 11 world.

How would we respond to a terrorist nuclear attack on U.S. soil? Who would we
kill? And what difference would it make to the untold number of Americans
dead?

What about the even more likely scenario of a large-scale chemical or
biological attack by terrorists on the U.S.?

How does mutually assured destruction protect us from suicide bombers – who,
by definition, kill themselves in the attack?

MAD assumes our potential adversaries are as defenseless as we are – but are
they?
Some time during the first Bush administration, America completely scrapped
any vestige of its fledgling civil defense structure. It had eroded badly
during President Carter's administration, when the Federal Emergency
Management Agency took over as the lead agency for civil defense. In other
words, the real "defense" work – protecting the American people from attack
– was removed from the Defense Department. That is when the Defense
Department became the "Offense Department."

It got worse during eight years of Clinton. FEMA's meager efforts to maintain
equipment needed for saving lives in a future nuclear war were cut from the
budget. The equipment was destroyed, lost, sold or abandoned.

For years, a political movement determined to disarm America had persuaded
the public there was no use in trying to save lives during a nuclear war. We
were all going to die. We might as well be vaporized. There was no point in
trying to prepare, no point in defending ourselves, no point in living if we
were attacked.

This movement ultimately won out and became official national policy during
the Clinton years.

But the movement is based totally on lies. People do survive nuclear blasts.
Most people survived the initial blasts on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Many
emerged from the rubble unscathed – only to die a miserable and unnecessary
death from fallout. There were dire predictions the two islands would never
be inhabited again – or at least for 75 years. Nagasaki and Hiroshima today
are bustling metropolises – much bigger, more prosperous and more healthy
places to live than they were before the blasts.

There is no question that properly constructed and stocked shelters can and
do save lives during nuclear attacks. The proof? Russia has built them. China
has built them. The Swiss have built them. All of them, by the way, built
based on technology developed by the U.S. government and paid for by U.S.
taxpayers – who remain defenseless.

There's more proof. Not all Americans are left defenseless. Your federal
government has used your tax dollars to build shelters for itself and its key
people – tens of thousands of them. They will survive the inevitable attack
on the U.S. You, the taxpaying public, will not.

That's the plan. National suicide. It may be the biggest scandal involving
government I have ever witnessed in my life. And it's the theme topic of the
January issue of Whistleblower magazine – based largely on the revelations of
a real-life whistleblower, Art Robinson, who has spent some 20 years trying
to alert the public to the need for civil defense and the intrepid reporting
of my wife, Elizabeth Farah.

There's been a great deal of debate in the last 20 years about strategic
missile defense. Yet, as important as that component of defense is to our
future, it is no substitute for civil defense – as the terrorist attacks
illustrate so well. The first nuclear attack on the U.S. may well be a
hand-delivered bomb – not one delivered on an intercontinental ballistic
missile.

This is a big topic – one, granted, no one else is talking about. And that's
why this special issue of Whistleblower is so important, so urgent, so
needed.

Find out how the government is planning to sacrifice you, your kids and your
grandchildren on the altar of political correctness. You will be shocked –
and I hope shocked into action, before it's too late.

Write to same address to be off lists!