-Caveat Lector-

From: Joshua Tinnin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>OK, this was not unexpected. Omar and bin Laden will either never show up,
>and possibly then be somehow declared "dead," or they will find bodies so
>torn up and mutilated that there will be no conclusive proof.

I opt for the 'never found' gambit; the U.S. needs bin Laden et al, or else
it will have to manufacture another patsy or two...

>Maybe I'm being too pedantic, but really ... Omar escaped with four of his
>men on a (singular) motorbike ... ??? Even if I'm being nitpicky, and that
>the motorbike merely implies the vehicle which Omar himself used, with the
>others perhaps having their own, it still conjured up a funny picture in my
>mind. And, at the very least, it illustrates a startling lack of
>intelligence on our part and/or incomplete reporting on how the whole band
> of five might have traveled,

It's also strange, considering how we've been constantly told how bad the
roads in Afghanistan are, so bad that mechanized travel becomes nigh on
impossible, and the Northern Alliance mostly relies on horses...but somehow
Omar and his band of merry men can easily 'escape' via motorbike, and
neither U.S. military forces or the Northern Alliance forces notices?