-Caveat Lector-

From
http://www.senate.gov/~lieberman/newsite/biography.cfm?lowsrc=true

>>>Note:  I am only providing the short biographical sketch and a
little blurb about his attempt at being Vice President.  A<>E<>R<<<

> Lieberman was born in Stamford, Connecticut on February 24, 1942, and
> attended public schools there. He received his bachelor's degree from
> Yale College in 1964 and his law degree from Yale Law School in 1967.
> Lieberman was elected to the Connecticut State Senate in 1970 and
> served there for 10 years, including the last 6 as Majority Leader.
> From 1982 to 1988, he served as Connecticut's 21st Attorney General.

The biographical data shows that we have another politician who has
NO military experience.  Yet, he seems to have no problems with
advocating a further war on Iraq (and may be actually using the word
"we" when drumming up support for same), committing other people and
other people's kids to the fray.  Perhaps he has family members who
might be put in harms way when confronting an enemy; perhaps not.  In
any event, this might be the time for a new LAW (ugghhh?  maybe not
so "ugghhh") that mandates that every politician voting for some war
action (or at least officially endorsing it) have either an
Honourable Discharge from one of the military services OR have a
representative number of close relatives (ALL would be good) - male
and female - who stand a chance of becoming a casualty.  If not on
active duty, then they would be in the Reserves or Nat'l Guard,
subject to immediate recall and deployment.  The purpose behind this
would be to remove the Clintonian "I feel your pain" and place a real
burden of thought and deliberation on each politician.  The ultimate
goal would be for politicians to be able to formulate and enact much
more effective foreign policies.  No more fortunate sons or daughters
-- Chelsea and Barbara and Jenna get to play, too.  And as first
offsprings, they get to be first in line. This would have been true
for ANY politician; it just happens that the three I named have been
the children of the most recent Presidents.

> Now entering his third term in the United States Senate, Connecticut's
> Joe Lieberman has earned a national reputation as a thoughtful,
> principled, and effective legislator. A nationally recognized leader
> of the Democratic Party, in 2000 he was the Democratic candidate for
> Vice President, becoming the first Jewish-American to be nominated for
> that office. In addition, he received more votes for Vice-President
> than any Democrat in history.

The only reason *why* I am pointing this out is because were it not
for the fact that Uncle Joe is an American -- FIRST -- he couldn't be
anything else.  First came the Constitution then came the rights.
And no hyphens.

A<>E<>R