NewsMax.com

Thursday, Jan. 17, 2002

Happy Birthday, Ben Franklin

History-censoring leftists such as Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz and his ilk will no doubt be offended, so we'd like to note that the great Benjamin Franklin was born on this date in 1706.

In its "Today in History" column, the Associated Press deems the 1977 execution of Gary Gilmore as "Today's Highlight in History," but we say the birth of a great Founding Father trumps the death of some scumbag murderer.

NewsMax reader Harry E. Benson wrote to us: "I portray Benjamin Franklin for our Museum of Printing History here in Houston. I speak to children at schools, libraries, churches etc. I am concerned that most of our children do not hear about or study about our early American heroes.

"I have not seen a single mention of Franklin in ANY of the media today, local or national. Be a first and probably the only to help celebrate this famous American."

Consider it done.

For all those students out there whose government schools deliberately keep them in ignorance about this patriot, statesman, inventor, writer and bon vivant, ask your teachers about Franklin. Then again, you might get better results consulting a book.

http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2002/1/17/161104

Finally, a Candidate worth going to the Poll and Vote For!

Ron Paul for President 2004
Official Website of Ron Paul
http://www.Paul2004.com/
"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic...."
-- Oath of Office
Archibald Bard