-Caveat Lector-

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

This post is on a very sore subject with me. I do not believe the military
should be playing War Games amongst the civilian populace. This time, it is
in North Little Rock and Boise is on the agenda. Not only is it a disaster
waiting to happen, it is desensitizing the good little sheeple to the
military patrolling our streets -- perhaps in the not-so-distant future.

--Henrietta

http://www.federalobserver.com/index.php?section=%3Ci%3EBREAKING+NEWS%3C%2Fi%3

Military patrolling North Little Rock in the next two weeks
Feb 5, 2002 - Arkansas Democrat Gazette

About 300 soldiers, including U.S. Marines in an anti-terrorism unit formed
since the Sept.11 attacks, will be patrolling North Little Rock in the next
two weeks.

The unusual action, a series of urban warfare and couterterrorism
"experiments" by the Marine Crops Warfighting Labortary, will take place
between Sunday and Feb. 22. The operation will allow military leaders to
examine tactics, techniques and technology that someday could save lives
during military missons in foreign cities.

Marines in the 4th Reconnaissance Battalion from San Antonio and reserves
from the 3rd Battalion 23rd Marines at Camp Robinson in North Little Rock
will participate during the two weeks with the anti-terrorism group from the
4th Marine Expeditionary Brigade based at Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Military officials chose North Little Rock to provide a real-life setting for
the ground reconnaissance and security operations that cannot be learned
inside military training facilities. A similiar experiment is already planned
for Boise, Idaho, later this year.

Training for military operations in urban areas is meant to save lives and
avoid repeats of what happened in Mogadishu, Somalia. Eighteen U.S. soldiers
died in battles fought throughout Mogadishu in 1993, events recounted in the
current hit movie Black Hawk Down.

"What we're doing now in Afghanistan has been layed out from what we
projected in the early days of the Warfighting Laboratory in 1997," said
Jenny Holbert, a civilian spokesman for the Marines. "You never know what the
threat will be in the future. We want to try to figure out what is the threat
against us and how we counter that threat."

"Most troops have vulnerabiliy inside cities," Holbert said. "How do you work
more efficiently in cities? How do you move? What tactics do you need to
consider?"

The Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory at Quantico, Va., has worked since
1997 to improve urban military tactics because of the increased likelihood of
urban warfare overseas. The U.S. Army also conducts urban warfare training.

The operation is labeled an experiment instead of an excerise or training,
Holbert said, because it's meant to discover which tactics work and don't
work.

The operations will begin Feb. 11-15 with reconnaissance teams observing a
predetermined site, then moving to new locations. Most of the work will come
between Feb. 18-21. That week could include scenarios such as mock searches
of pre-selected vehicles and buildings, security patrols and casualty
evacuation.

Some of the operations will involve civilian role players, many being city
staff members who have voluteered.

"Because most of [the personnel involved] don't know anything at all about
North Little Rock, Ark., it'll be like they're going into foreign
territories," said Fritz Friedly, director of the city's Volunteer Services
and a retired Marine captain.

The experiment is not intended to disrupt the daily lives, business or
traffic flow in North Little Rock, officials said. Areas where there are
numerous abandoned houses or buildings will be affected.

However, some residents might find it impossible to ignore troop movement,
cover smoke and M-16 rifle fire likely to come at times.

City officials will forewarn neighbors or businesses of the experiments in
their areas immediately before any action, Friedl said. North Little Rock
police also will be stationed near any troops.

"We're doing our best to keep the public informed to make sure they're aware
of it," Friedl said. "What they don't want are kids dropping out of school,
following them around."

A tabletop war game by the Marines anti-terrorism troops and city officials
also will occur during the final days to work on coordination of efforts
during crisis management.

Marine officers asked last summer to set up this month's operation. The
terrorist attacks of Sept.11 and the ensuing war in Afghanistan only
highlighted its necessity, officals said.

"Certainly the urgency since Sept. 11, the importance [of the experiment] is
much more pronounced," North Little Rock Mayor Patrick Hays said. "We're just
proud our city is going to have the opportunity to help out in a very active
way and perhaps in time will benefit our country."

~~~~~~~~

ARMED AND DANGEROUS -- The military's new cowboys?
Heightened concerns about Night Stalkers, Delta Force
http://www.devvy.com/deltaforce.html

The Sagebrush Saloon - The Preparations for Martial Law
Possibly illegal, ostensible "training" scenarios like the recent "Operation
Urban Warrior" no-notice "urban terrain" war games, which took place in ...
www.sierratimes.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=21&topic=5

The Sagebrush Saloon - The Art of Darkness: Deception and ...
... three city blocks." Under a five-year plan, the Corps scheduled three
"warrior"
experiments: Hunter Warrior, Urban Warrior and Capable Warrior.
www.sierratimes.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=16&topic=14

This is a fictionalized account, written by lawyers for GOA and based on
actual laws in place PRIOR to 9-11.
<A HREF="http://www.wjopc.com/constitutional/memopres.html";>Martial Law Memo
</A>
http://www.wjopc.com/constitutional/memopres.html