-Caveat Lector-

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

I found two studies that validate my conclusion. One study by the Alan
Guttmacher Institute shows an increase in oral sex amongst kids as young as
twelve years old. Another study shows increased cheating by both high school
and college students.

These two studies do not directly connect the dots between their findings and
the Clinton Presidency. Yet, in a US News & World Report article, one student
attempts to sum up the cheating problem by saying, quote: " If Clinton can do
it and get away with it, why can't we?'

However, I am not going to pretend that this manuscript is a scholarly
treatise. It is not a compilation of great scientific research with
complicated statistics and technical mumbo jumbo. What it is, is a common
sense analysis of facts and observations.

The point is simple. The conclusion almost obvious. One does not have to
Ph.D. or even a college degree.

I realize that some people do not want to make the determination contained in
this manuscript because of their own agenda. I highly doubt Dan Rather or
Peter Jennings or Tom Brokaw will ever make it. However, I believe it to be
true.

My parents taught me one thing. The Clintons' by their actions taught the
exact opposite.

My parents and other good parents teach their kids to do the right thing, to
be honest, to have integrity, and to take responsibility because being a good
person is most important.

The Clintons by their actions teach something different. They teach us kids:
do whatever you want and then do whatever you can to avoid responsibility. As
long as you get to where you want to go, that is all that matters, not what
you do along the way.

Now obviously there is a clear difference between parental values and the
Clintons' behavior. To me as a typical teenager, this raises a dilemma. Who
was right? Were my parents overzealous, overprotective parents who were out
of touch with the world? Does the ends simply justify the means?

Here is a man with the two things young adults dream about: money and power.
After the Presidency, Clinton has unlimited earning power. During the
Presidency he is the most powerful man in the world. The perks he has no
amount of money can buy. No one can close down an airport, so they can get a
400 dollar haircut.

This man has all this money and all this power, but no morals. This left me
thinking, does that mean it is ok if you don't have morals? Is a lack of
ethics what is necessary to achieve success in today's competitive society.

After sorting it all out, I believe my parents' lessons. Although the
Clintons were able to evade accountability despite numerous accusations, the
average citizen can not. One can not count on the media and the Justice
Department to constantly bail him or her out, so that person will get in
trouble by following in the President's footsteps.

Some people may dismiss this as just another Clinton bashing, but I see it
differently.

Just as with violent video games, violent movies, and violent music, children
may become desensitized to the everyday wrongdoing of the Clintons'.

At best these children may see nothing wrong when they witness similar
behavior and at worst may adopt the Clintons' sleazy modus operandi as their
own.

Unfortunately, psychologists and sociologists have not looked into this
issue, so there are no corroborating studies. Regardless, the startlingly
similar events of this summer show that the Clintons have affected real
people. Congressman Condit seemed to follow the Clinton play book step for
step. He first wronged. Then he did everything in his power to avoid
responsibility. He stalled, denied, covered up, and attacked. Sounds quite
familiar. The Clintons surely emphasized these tactics and made them
acceptable.

One has the right to expect his or her Congressmen to be good, honest people
with moral restraint. If we can't get that from our leaders, then what can we
expect from our children?

Concerned parents, in between working forty hours a week, paying credit card
bills, and filing taxes, try to instill values in their children, such as
taking responsibility, not lying, and not resorting to "personal
destruction." The child hears these lessons, but sees the Clintons who are
living the good life though immersed in scandals… while his parents are
struggling just to pay off the mortgage.

The child begins to think that those tactics are acceptable and necessary to
achieve success like the Clintons. When in a bad situation, he does not do
what he has heard, but what he has seen work: the Clintons' methods. That is
where the child's aspirations end and reality begins.

Children learn by actions, not by talk. The Clinton years marked the height
of parental hypocrisy. Parents may have preached values to their children.
However, these parents were not willing to support their values with actions.

Some of these parents rationalized that the economy was good, so they let
Clinton keep his job by their continued support. Parents told their kids that
values were important, but when push came to shove these parents put money
over values. Thus telling their kids that success is more important than
doing the right thing.

A concern of mine is that due to my age people will think I am naïve. For the
record, I am cognizant that Clinton is not the first corrupt politician.

The difference is that in the past, wrongdoing became, known there was a real
effort for accountability. Previously, politicians who wronged were either
kicked out of office, forced to resign, or disgracefully finished their term
and disappeared. But with Clinton it was different. Regardless of reason,
whether it was his charm, his intelligence, the economy, Janet Reno, Mary Jo
White, or the liberal media, he was able to finish his two terms as a popular
President and made wrongdoing acceptable in politics.

The Clintons actions were wrong, but a worse lesson for young people is that
their actions worked. If the Clintons were properly punished and held
accountable, parents could have said to their children that is what happens
when people do bad or that everyone's actions catch up with them, even the
President's. Parents could have used Clinton as an example to show children
to do right and obey the laws, but that did not happen.

This past summer I was in Las Vegas with my family. We stayed at Mandalay Bay
hotel. At the time Bill Clinton was also in town. He was staying at the Four
Seasons, which is attached to Mandalay Bay.

Anyway, late one night my parents and I were going back to our room when we
noticed a huge crowd of people around a group of gambling tables. We went
over to see what the commotion was about and sure enough, it was Bill
Clinton.

I just didn't get it. The people fawning over him were not the billionaire
lawyers, the hotshot liberal businessmen, or celebrities that Clinton most
likely entertained earlier in the evening when he gave one of his six-figure
speeches. No, these were everyday, hard-working middle or upper-middle class
family people on vacation. People whose job of raising children was made
infinitely more difficult by the Clinton Presidency. It made me sick!

What message does this teach our children? One would think parents would not
want to schmooze with an alleged rapist, someone who lied under oath, someone
who had to cop a plea on the last day of office to avoid indictment, and
someone who even today is still under Federal investigation. It certainly
doesn't teach the importance of values and honesty.

It's really hard to figure. Here is a man who, because of his philandering
ways, most women would not want for a spouse, you wouldn't trust him five
minutes with your daughter, and you certainly would not buy a used car from
him, but people seem to say that for President he was OK.

As the Las Vegas anecdote shows, this has absolutely nothing to do with
politics and everything to do with a "do what I say, not what I do"
mentality. Parents "who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk" in today's
vernacular.

Not everyone who listens to Marilyn Manson or plays Quake or watches Licensed
to Kill, is desensitized to violence. The same is also obviously true with
the Clintons. However, it is much easier to dismiss a gun in a video game as
entertainment than it is to dismiss the Clintons' machiavellian actions as
just a game.

While violent forms of entertainment will only effect specific people, I
believe that the Clintons may have a negative effect on all posterity. The
Clintons made wrongdoing in politics acceptable and have thus dramatically
opened the door for more corrupt politicians. Even the powerful mob can not
indefinitely get away with law breaking, perjury, defamation, and
intimidation. These tactics should trigger thoughts of the Gambino family,
not the First Family.

I believe parents have to understand that children see the President as a
role model. Parents must understand that if they do not want their kids to
behave irresponsibly, to lie, and to deceive, then they must not rationalize
that a President's disgraceful actions are somehow acceptable. There is right
and wrong and what is wrong must be judged so.

That is the message I hoped to spread with my manuscript. It is an important
message that I believe parents must understand, which is why I wrote this
work.

In case you are wondering about the publication process, I have found out
that it is much easier to publish a pamphlet than a book. I am still seeking
a publisher.

Again, it was truly an honor to speak to you today and I am very grateful
that Accuracy in Media gave me this opportunity. I'd be happy to take some
questions or comments if there are any.

For questions or comments, please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Write to same address to be off lists!