-Caveat Lector-

On 8 Feb 02, at 14:22, Joshua Tinnin wrote:

> Yes, I
> am certain of this, as I know what I'm doing, and I use firewalls and
> other protection mechanisms. The basic mechanisms won't work for
> everything, but you can learn exactly what your computer is doing if
> you educate yourself, including analysis of all information sent
> in/out.

a - I have had a few viruses try to infiltrate my computer, but only
in the past few months after almost 14 years of BBS and I-net
experience; all but one of them has come through emails and more than
one through CTRL-related correspondents.  Not everyone may do the
necessary things to prevent them from happening, maybe because they
don't know WHAT to do.  Thus, this presents an opportunity for those
who don't know and may have questions to ask.

b - 4.2K is not a big file; notice that many -- including me -- send
others that are in the 20ies or better, depending on the subject.
And this list has not been stacked up for being over the 100 mark
very often as of late.

c - I will reemphasis my point about "information warfare" and the
types of things that come through that will effect a disruption of
computer functions -- spam, email viruses, bogus information, and
other things -- a disruption that will have further reaching effects
than a simple (relatively) email list.  Yahoo! for one does funny
things for no reason at all.  MSN is hokey.  And what they do is part
of their business; we all need to be aware of what will cause the
disruptions and how to prevent / recover from them.

A<>E<>R