-Caveat Lector-

Well the various LEOs continued searching well into the night, but came up
empty-handed...

For some reason the security cameras in the LOB garage didn't seem to
provide anything helpful...

But the next day we were told that the whole thing had been 'solved'...it
seems a local cable-access station had a couple of cameramen shooting
background shots of the state capital building for use on one of the local
cable channel's shows, and we were told that what two separate witnesses
reported as a man with a machine gun (or perhaps a 'long rifle', as
described by the State Police spokesman on Wednesday afternoon) was really
one of these cameramen...

It was the cameramen who came forward suggesting that it was them who the
witnesses had seen, this 'breakthrough' did not come via any LEO
detection...

They showed one of these cameramen with his equipment; even with a boom
mike attached to the camera, I find it hard to fathom how anyone could have
mistaken it for a machinegun....also one wonders why they'd need a boom
mike on the camera, since they weren't shooting anything that needed sound,
they were just taking background shots of the capital building, to be later
used behind a 'talking head' on the local cable channel's news program...

They also showed the video these cameramen supposedly shot, and the
direction of the sunlight shows that the video had to have been shot some
hours earlier in the day, in the mid-morning at the latest; they also were
shooting from the top floor of the parking garage, on the 5th floor which
is open to the sky.  The 2 eyewitnesses both stated that they saw a gunman
on the THIRD floor of the parking garage at a little after 1 p.m.

The video that was broadcast allegeding to be what the cameramen filmed as
background footage showed long shadows, which would not have been seen
around midday; the length of the shadows suggested a time more probably
around 10:30 or 11 a.m., definitely NOT the time of around 12:30 to 1 p.m.
when they supposedly were shooting this footage...

The earlier time makes more sense if one considers that they only wanted to
get a plain shot of the capitol building, without a lot of traffic going on
and people going in and out; at that time on Wednesday people were
gathering for the governor's "State of the State" address, which started at
noon and lasted 20 minutes.  By 12:30, when these cameramen are claimed to
have been shooting footage, a vast number of people were leaving the
capital, going to lunch, etc. -- which means there should have been more
vehicular traffic and definitely more pedestrians shown in the footage.
Point of fact, there were absolutely NO pedestrians, and very little
vehicular traffic shown...

And as I mentioned, nothing has been said, let alone shown, of what the
security cameras in the parking garage picked up; it seems to me that if
the security cameras verified the alleged "the gunman was really a video
cameraman" story, those security tapes would have been shown.

Also what hasn't been explained is why we were told that the parking garage
(along with the capital building and LOB) was put in 'lockdown mode'
immediately after the eyewitnesses reported what they had seen, and we were
assured that "no one could have left"...so what happened to these
cameramen, who were supposedly shooting footage at the time?  It seems to
me they would have been found right away...

June