-Caveat Lector-

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

NewsWatch: The Point of No Return-Bill Koenig

February 16, 2002

A Courageous and Bold President

America has passed the point of no return in the war against terrorism.

The terrorist radical element is being challenged, but many attitudes,
organizations, cells, and individuals yet remain as threats to life as we
have known it in many different places around the globe, including the
United States.

For most people, their routines that were taken for granted prior to the
events of "9-11," have changed dramatically, especially in airports, train
stations, shipping and mailing, and the security of government buildings,
public events, and communities.

As has been said by many individuals in many ways and on many levels, post
"9-11" life will never be the same.

The Administration of President George W. Bush has designated the so-called
"rogue nations" who are developing weapons of mass destruction as the number
one target. In return, these nations have unleashed a war of words,
including both overt and implied threats, against the United States.

Few would argue that the American way of life, the freedoms guaranteed by
this country, and indeed the leadership of this nation in the free world are
at stake. The United States would have the most to lose.

Fortunately, this country has a very courageous President who not only is
operating under enormous pressure, but is responding with strength and
wisdom and-perhaps most importantly-his Christian-based and prayer-fueled
faith .

President Bush came into office riding on the education, faith-based
initiative, and "kinder-gentler" themes. He is now a "war-time president,"
leading "the battle of an era." In many ways, he has made a remarkable
transition, because these themes are diametrically opposite.

I could discern the pressure when I stood but 20 feet from him and Pakistani
President Gen. Pervez Musharraf at their press conference held in the State
Room of the White House last Wednesday.

Both men are experiencing enormous pressure. Musharraf, feeling the pressure
from radical Muslim elements in his country, said that the "9-11" attacks
and "the momentous events since then have demonstrated the depth and
strength of this relationship. We reject terrorism in all its forms and
manifestations anywhere in the world. We will continue to fulfill our
responsibilities flowing from our commitment."

Musharraf was accorded royal treatment. He stayed at the Blair House,
reserved for foreign dignitaries, across from the White House. He received a
formal military welcome as his limousine pulled up to the West Wing for his
10:30 a.m. meeting with President Bush and staff, which included Secretary
of State Colin Powell, while Vice President Dick Cheney and National
Security Adviser Condoleeza Rice arrived later.

President Bush has recently been bold about the "evil axis" of Iran, Iraq
and North Korea, even adding the Palestinian Authority into that grouping
this week. However, his statements have caused strong reactions (and words)
from Russia, China, the European Union, and other nations, including those
named.

I have noticed, after one year in office, that when President Bush makes up
his mind on something, he will not be swayed. He determines his course, and
he sticks to it. The war against America has to be taken seriously, and he
certainly has.

The President's first agenda item of business every morning is the CIA's
intelligence report. Can you imagine starting every business day with a
review of that important, and often foreboding, material? No one understands
the risks to this nation more than President Bush and his top level staff.

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, the Vice President, and Ms. Rice all
know the real story about the Middle East and the enemies of Israel. In the
past, the State Department has stood by Palestinian Chairman Yasser Arafat
and the Arab nations, single-handedly taking actions to "rescue" Arafat four
times in 12 months.

Could next month's dispatch of Vice President Cheney to Israel-and at least
eight Arab countries-signal that the White House is taking over from the
State Department? I certainly hope so.

Administration sources have said that they consider the Vice President to be
far tougher on confronting the Palestinians, Iraq, and Iran than Secretary
of State Powell or his recent envoy to the Middle East, Gen. Anthony Zinni.
In addition, the trip thus far has been shrouded in a veil of silence, even
to the point of indicating that the press has been "uninvited."

The obvious fact that Vice President Cheney has been "an emergency president
in hiding" and has not traveled abroad since the September 11 tragedy,
combined with his history of heart troubles and surgery, make this journey
to Israel-plus Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain,
and United Arab Emirates-a trip with the highest of importance and priority
labels attached.

******

The Case for a Spiritual War

The war which we are seeing develop now will become the war of all wars. On
the one side are the Jews and the Christians who worship the one true God,
the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. They have a Messiah, and He is the
King of kings.

On the other side are the fundamental and radical members of Islam whose god
is Allah, the moon god. Allah is not the same god as the God of the Bible.
Islam's prophet is Mohammed, who was neither the Messiah nor the King of
kings. There will be conflicts and repercussions.

As the world moves into the days ahead, the teaching from the book of
Revelation and from other "Day of the Lord" prophecy teachings in the Bible
reveal that there are going to be some tough days ahead.

As watchmen, we observe the daily news and hear the daily rhetoric from
world leaders. We hear about wars and rumors of wars, we watch the shifting
of global political patterns, and we listen to the President's comments
during his State of the Union address. The United States is facing a time
like no other in her history.

"Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore
hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me." (Ezekiel 3:17
KJV)

We also sense that the Biblical end of the church age, followed by the
return of Jesus Christ, is imminent. However, we don't know exactly how or
when that scenario will unfold. (However, we do know where, because the
Bible tells us it will happen in Jerusalem.)

The good news is that, before the Second Coming takes place, there will be
many more coming to salvation in Him due to these current circumstances. The
good news also is that the Lord has it all under control. Praise Him!

******

Pray for the President and his Staff

Keeping our eyes upon Israel and Jerusalem, we will continue to watch
closely, report, and comment on events in the days ahead. We will be
providing specific prayer agendas as we sense them in our Spirit. This is a
very crucial time in history, not only for our nation but for the world.

Let us pray this week that President Bush and his staff are anointed with
strength, courage, and wisdom and surrounded by a hedge of safety and
protection as they travel to Japan, South Korea, and China for important
meetings with leaders of those countries.

--
Koenig's International News - http://watch.org

Write to same address to be off lists!