-Caveat Lector-

From: Nurev Ind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>One wonders how/why Hollywood decided back in 1997/98 that 'patriotic'
>>movies would suddenly become money-makers starting in late 2001...
>
>It sure seems that way. But they have always done this. It may take a year
>to write a script, but they have vaults full of all types of scripts. It
>probably doesn't take much for a movie factory to swing into action
producing
>crappy jingoistic war movies to empty the pockets of  brainless robots who
>respond to " patriotism " the way that Pavlov's dogs responded to the
dinner
>bell.

Well one has to question the premise that there were stacks of war-movie
scripts just gathering dust in vaults; Hollywood as a rule is NOT
innovative, and money slated to be invested in a proprosed film will more
often go to tried-and-true story lines rather than something new...

And war movies have NOT been money-makers in recent memory...

So I doubt that there were gobs of war-themed scripts just sitting around,
but even if their were, then one has to ask WHY scriptwriters suddenly
decided to start writing scripts using a theme that at the time would not
have seemed very promising in regards to getting the interest of investors
who are only interested in making a handsome profit on the film they invest
in...

And even if war-themed scripts were sitting around just waiting to be made,
it still takes a good 2 or more years to get a film made, from the time of
drumming up enough investment money to getting all the principles signed to
the actual filming to the post-production work of editing and scoring; in
other words, long gone are the days where studios cranked out films in just
a few weeks time...that went out with the 1930s...

To put it more bluntly, none of these films were made AFTER Sept. 11, 2001,
they were made well before that date, and one has to wonder WHY Hollywood
suddenly decided that war films would be profitable, especially considering
that not one of these films was ever scheduled to be released before Sept,
2001, but after that date....

It would seem that *someone* not only knew that such films would suddenly
become popular (e.g., profitable), but also knew that they would be popular
after September, 2001....

I can't help but remember American Movie Channel's special a month or two
ago regarding the cozy relationship that Hollywood has with the spook
agencies, especially the CIA; the documentary showed how the CIA has
actually been DICTATING to Hollywood what sort of films to make, and has
been doing so since the 1950s...

So perhaps 'The Agency' set the ball rolling 2 to 3 years ago in Hollywood
to get these war films made; it also suggests that if this is so, then the
CIA knew that *something* was going to happen in September 2001 that would
make the release of these films starting in October of 2001 profitable...

June