Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 01:14:56 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SNET: WOW !!! Re: Government Land Ownership by State

->  SNETNEWS  Mailing List

Hi Bob,
I can't even come up with a rebuttal to this - all I can say is "WOW"!!!!!

May I refer to The Constitution, Article One, Section 8, Clause 17....

       To excercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever,
       over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by
       Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress,
       become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and
       to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the
       Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall
       be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards,
       and other needful Builldings;-And

May I now, for sake of our discussion, assume that the 80.89% of the
Sovereign State of Nevada that is federally owned
1.  sits outside of the 'ten miles square' of DC and
2.  that this land is not covered by one or more 'forts, magazines, arsenals,
dock-Yards or/and other needful buildings.'

If my assumptions are correct, then where is the constitutionality of federal
ownership of 'rocks & dirt' except for bureaucratic control as in The Klamath
Basin criminal actions?

Regards,
Bob

In a message dated 3/4/02 10:10:33 PM Central Standard Time, SantiniTwo
writes:

> Subj: Re: Government Land Ownership by State
> Date: 3/4/02 10:10:33 PM Central Standard Time
> From: <A HREF="mailto:SantiniTwo";>SantiniTwo</A>
> To: <A HREF="mailto:BOB%20WORN";>BOB WORN</A>
>

> Bob, don't know where the Constitution PROHIBITS the federal government
> from owning land.  Congress is expressly given the power and authority to
> pass rules and regulations to protect "the property of the United States,"
> and you have to recognize the right of the federal government to purchase
> land - like when we bought Alaska from Russia, "Seward's Folly"!  No state
> or private individual bought that - it was Uncle Sam.  The federal
> government or it's agencies frequently purchase land from private land
> owners, such as for parks, etc.  Are you saying you are in favor of
> prohibiting your fellow citizens from selling their land to whoever they
> want to, including the federal government?  I don't think that would be
> right.

-> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Or send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]