Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:14:22 PDT
From: "carl william, spitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Politics] FYI>>S. 975:  Eco-tyranny from Washington

     FROM:?"APCalert", INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
     *****APC NEWSWIRE*****

     http://www.americanpolicy.org/

     April 18, 2002        Volume 5, Issue 4

     A Publication of the American Policy Center
     Tom DeWeese, President
     Peyton Knight, Editor

     98 Alexandria Pike, Suite 43
     Warrenton, VA  20186
     540-341-8911
     FAX: 540-341-8917
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     APC  is  now offering you a quick and easy way  to  multiply
     your  efforts  and  help win more  battles!    Simply  click
     http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=5906   to   send
     this  APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your  friends!   It's
     fast,  it's easy, and most of all, it's extremely  effective
     in KILLING LEFTIST POLICIES!

     ***S. 975:  Eco-tyranny from Washington

     Several  of  the Senate's most  liberal  members,  including
     Hillary Clinton, Jim Jeffords and Joe Lieberman are  pushing
     for a bill that would allow federal bureaucrats to determine
     how  land will be developed and used in  local  communities.
     This  bold  attack on our federalist society is  titled  the
     "Community  Character Act" (S. 975).  The name says it  all,
     as several characters are acting to hijack our communities.

     S.  975 is simply a bribe offered by the federal  government
     to localities to update their zoning plans.  The feds  prom-
     ise to pay for 90% of the costs for the updates_BUT ONLY  IF
     THE LOCALITY DOES IT THEIR WAY.  And just what is feds' way?
     SMART GROWTH (read, NO GROWTH).

     Recall that the Clinton Administration paid $2 million for a
     "Smart  Growth  Legislative Guidebook" that is  intended  to
     "guide"  counties, cities and towns on how to  update  their
     zoning.   S. 975 provides the money to force this agenda  on
     unsuspecting  localities.   This  bill is  the  vehicle  for
     mandatory sustainable development.  Among other dictates, S.
     975 calls for land use planning to "promote social  equity."
     By  gaining  control of how property is  developed  in  YOUR
     community, the federal government thinks it can control  how
     YOU live.  It is essentially snatching your property  rights
     through the channel of local government.

     **Action to Take**

      1.  Call  your both of your Senators and tell them to  vote
          NO  on  S. 975!  S.  975 is  anti-property  rights  and
          anti-American.   Individuals and locally elected  offi-
          cials  should be free to determine the type and  amount
          of growth appropriate for their communities.  We  don't
          need the federal government and radical  environmental-
          ists forcing their warped vision upon us!  Capitol Hill
          Senate  Switchboard:  (202) 224-3121.  Simply  ask  for
          your Senators by name.

      2.  Click  http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=5906
          to  send  this APC Action Alert to up to  TEN  of  your
          friends!

     ***UN's International Criminal Court Becomes Official

     Last  week,  April  11, the  United  Nations'  International
     Criminal  Court (ICC) became a reality.  On that date,  four
     more nations ratified the ICC treaty, thus giving the UN the
     necessary  60 ratifications needed for the court  to  become
     operative.

     Though  the United States never ratified the treaty,  Presi-
     dent  Clinton, in one of his final, dastardly  deeds  before
     leaving office, signed the treaty.  Now it is more important
     than ever before that President Bush rescind that signature.
     That  signature  tells the United Nations that the  U.S.  is
     willing to participate in this sham of a global court.

     Congress'  greatest champion of U.S. sovereignty,  Rep.  Ron
     Paul,  has  recently  introduced H.R.  4169,  the  "American
     Servicemember  and  Citizen Protection Act of  2002."   This
     bill would protect American citizens from prosecution by the
     ICC,  prohibit  the use of U.S. taxpayer funds  for  the  UN
     court,  and it deems ICC actions against U.S. military  per-
     sonnel as acts of aggression against the United States.

     Now  that  the  International Criminal Court  has  become  a
     reality,  it is extremely important that Congress pass  Rep.
     Paul's  American Servicemember and Citizen  Protection  Act.
     We  must  protect our brave men and  women  fighting  terror
     overseas  from  vindictive nations who have a bone  to  pick
     with the U.S.

     **Action to Take**

      1.  Call  your Representative and urge him  to  immediately
          throw his or her support behind H.R. 4169, the American
          Servicemember and Citizen Protection Act.  Capitol Hill
          House  Switchboard:   (202) 225-3121.  Simply  ask  for
          your Representative by name.

      2.  Click  http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=5906
          to  send  this APC Action Alert to up to  TEN  of  your
          friends!

          *Note:   2002  has shaped up to be a  vital  year.
          Good  patriots are defending liberty on many  dif-
          ferent fronts.  We want to make APC's Action Alert
          System  the most effective in the nation.  If  you
          know  of activists who should be  receiving  these
          alerts_especially those with distribution lists of
          their   own_please  have  them  contact   us   at:
          [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or fax us at:  (540)  341-
          8917.  Thank you.

          subscribed by a friend who thought you would enjoy
          it. We do not "spam" potential readers, nor do  we
          distribute  our e-mail address data to  any  third
          party under any circumstances!)

~Check out other Hot Topics lists at
http://www.topica.com/hot

Or send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]