-Caveat Lector-

Flying with The Hawks,.. maybe,... but there seems to be some trouble with
the USA CO's Marine Night Hawks, I see. According to Assoc. Press, Marine
helicopter Night Hawk 1 appeared to belch smoke from its engine a
couple of days ago. Bush then left and climbed aboard backup Night
Hawk 2 for home. A couple of weeks earlier, April 17 - there was
another elicopter flight plan change for the same president - Bush - also
involving a backup helicopter, this time from from Lexington, Va., The
original 'Marine One' was then said to have had a mechanical failure in
its hydraulic system.

I've noticed these (and their cargo) periodically ever since
some significant changes in Northern Ireland followed a Chopper
crash there in which very senior British Military were
apparently lost. Helicopter crashes seem to be quite frequent these days
- if not always making the news. Here's a sampler from the last 10 days
alone:

Apr 20  a helicopter carrying four Venezuelan air force generals crashed
in the mountains NE of Caracas, due to poor weather conditions. All four
officers, one of whom was the newly appointed head of the air force, died
in the crash.

Apr 28  Russia: (NPR/BBC World) report of helicopter crash including high
military personnel ? Nr Chechnya ? Officials later said that Alexander
Lebed, a former general and onetime Russian presidential candidate, 52,
was on his way to the opening of a new ski run when his Mi-8 helicopter
hit a power line and fell 98 feet to the ground in Krasnoyarsk, the region
of Siberia he governed.

April 30: Tunisia: a helicopter carrying 13 Tunisian military officers
crashed at Medjez al-Bab, approximately 40 mi/60 km west of Tunis, the
capital. Among those killed was the Army Chief of Staff, Brigadier General
Abdelaziz, five colonels, four majors, two lieutenants and a warrant
officer first class.

T.

> The hawks' most prominent spokespeople include former drug czar and Empower
> America co-director William Bennett; former CIA director James Woolsey;
> Weekly Standard editor and PNAC founder William Kristol; nationally
> syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer; AEI foreign policy dean, Richard
> Perle, who also serves as chairman of the Pentagon's Defense Policy Board;
> and CSP director Frank Gaffney, who worked under Perle at the Pentagon in the
> 1980s......
> ........... So far, Bush is flying with the hawks.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Y                                                                        Y
Y                          Dr. Tony Dickinson                            Y
Y                                                                        Y
Y            Visiting Research Fellow/Lecturer in Psychology             Y
Y                                                                        Y
Y               McDonnell Centre for Higher Brain Function               Y
Y                                                                        Y
Y                 Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology                 Y
Y                Washington University School of Medicine                Y
Y                     Box 8108, 660 S Euclid Avenue                      Y
Y                          St. Louis, Missouri                           Y
Y                             MO 63110  USA                              Y
Y                                                                        Y
Y            http://eye-hand.wustl.edu/lab/people/dickinson.html         Y
Y                                                                        Y
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY