fwd
--- Begin Message ---
Dianne Feinstein is fighting back!

Here is part of a news release she issued today:

"I am very surprised by the tone of the comments by White House spokesman Ari
Fleischer regarding concerns I raised last summer about a possible terrorist attack on
our nation and the need to reorganize our counter-terrorism and homeland defense
efforts to try to head off a possible calamity.

In the wake of the September 11th attacks, the issue is too important to our nation to
engage in the kind of politics Mr. Fleischer is practicing. I, for one, do not believe
that any of our nation's leadership had specific information last summer to know when
and what kind of attack to anticipate.

What I said last July on CNN was that I was deeply concerned as to whether our house
was in order to prevent a terrorist attack. My work on the Intelligence Committee and
as chair of the Technology and Terrorism Subcommittee had given me a sense of
foreboding for some time. I had no specific data leading to a possible attack.

In fact, I was so concerned that I contacted Vice President Cheney's office that same
month to urge that he restructure our counter-terrorism and homeland defense programs
to ensure better accountability and prevent important intelligence information from
slipping through the cracks.

Despite repeated efforts by myself and staff, the White House did not address my
request. I followed this up last September 2001 before the attacks and was told by
'Scooter' Libby that it might be another six months before he would be able to review
the material. I told him I did not believe we had six months to wait."

For more of the news release and the latest on the 9/ll Bush betrayal,
come on over to http://www.buzzflash.com

And remember, we never close.

Our list is opt-IN only.

PO Box 618354
Chicago, IL  60661-8354

To remove yourself from further mailings, please click the link below to unsubscribe.