--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Wingate" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Here's my conspiracy theory: Yahoo uses the Yahoogroups to transmit
trojans
> that specifically target 'undesirables' operating system. Then when their
> email system begins bouncing emails Yahoogroups declares them a hard
bounce,
> does not send any 'email probes', and does not provide any automated way
> reset their email especially on groups that they own(!)
>
> Eventually after completing the proper feedback form on their website,
they
> may choose to restart your email. It has a way of stopping certain
> discussions that are contrary to ... .

I agree. Sometime after 9-11, Yahoogroups "went down" for a couple days
(forget the date, but I can probably dig it up). They claimed they were
doing maintenance. I got word from "on high" that US intelligence ordered
this, as they wanted server logs of all activity on Yahoogroups. As I live
in the SF Bay Area where Yahoo is located, I am in contact with others in
the IT industry (as I am in the same industry) who work for them. This has
been mentioned a couple of times on other lists as well. No, I can't provide
hard proof, but I don't have many doubts at this point. Call it a gut
feeling that they are now under a big thumb, especially considering some of
the discussions which have been disrupted, and not consistently for
everyone, and not on every group, either. I have also had conversations with
a certain tech with SBC (which owns Pacbell now) who would not come out and
say anything confirming monitoring of Pacbell users, but who did hint very
strongly to this effect. And she has worked there for nearly 30 years and is
ready to retire.

I have had problems with both Pacbell and Yahoogroups. I notice, Steve, that
you are also a Pacbell customer. If you have had the same problems with them
which I have, I feel your pain. Could be growing pains for them, but that
old woman who spoke with me for hours on a customer service call indicated
otherwise. Trouble is, they are almost the only game in town for inexpensive
broadband where I live, save AT&T.

- jt

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/3PCXaC/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/xYTolB/TM";><B>Click
Here!</B></A>