-Caveat Lector-

--- thew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So you are saying that poor people don¹t WANT abortions, they are
> coerced
> into them,

I wouldn't say "coerced" I would say "sold."

while rich people who can afford them on their own DO want
> them?

They get "sold" on them too.

> Why are their motives seen as different?
>
> Don't you think abortions in the case of the poor are about economic
> survival, and with the rich convenience?

I'm saying that the location of the clinics and the money provided make
abortion seem like the easy way out of a crisis pregnancy.

I went to PP for a pregnancy test; turns out I was pregnant with my 9
year old. I had no health insurance or steady job at the time, and they
advertise "low-cost comprehensive women's health care." As soon as the
results came back positive, the counselor, who never asked how I felt
about being pregnant, gave me a business card with the phone number of
their affiliated abortion clinic. She just ASSUMED that I was going to
have an abortion. When I informed her that abortion was completely out
of the question and that I was going to have this baby and wished for
prenatal care, she explained that they did no such thing, suggested I
call the local hospital, and showed me the door. Maybe the pregnancy
test showed that my baby was a boy, and therefore not entitled to
"low-cost comprehensive women's health care."

http://health.yahoo.com