-Caveat Lector-

Here we were all worried that HR 3598 was a reinstatement of the draft
waiting to happen.  This is an angle that hadn't occurred to me, and
it's far more chilling than the draft, imo - especially in our current
"homeland security" climate...

Keep your eye on that bill:   http://thomas.loc.gov/  (for those that
are not familiar with it, this bill was introduced in December 2001, a
search on "hr 3598" at this link will give you all the info on it.  It
has been sitting in committee for the past year, waiting to "ripen".)