From:   Norman Bassett, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I sent this a week ago:

"Monday 4 September 2000

For the Attention of the Secretary of State for
Scotland

Dear Dr Reid

Ref: Investigation of Thomas Hamilton's Activities

I am most concerned that there does not appear to have
been any very successful investigation into the
activities of Thomas Hamilton, the perpetrator of the
Dunblane Massacre in 1996.

This appears to have been the result of the
then-Conservative government's desire to keep a lid on
things. The government's political complexion has
changed and it seems a good opportunity to investigate
Hamilton's activities further.

In particular, might it not be easily and usefully
possible to investigate his garden at his former home
in Stirling by the use of ground radar to look for
possible buried human remains, the use of metal
detectors to look for possible firearms, ammunition or
components thereof, and the use of microscopic
examination of the soil to look for possible evidence
of wrongdoing. This could be regarded if necessary as
a police training exercise, but it would need to be
properly done.

I am also very much of the opinion that making the
Dunblane Inquiry Transcript and written submissions
available to the public on the internet would be
beneficial.

I look forward to your response."

We already have the Transcript coming onto the net as
I was informed later in the week. I am of course
hoping for some icing on the cake, but I can see no
reason not to ask.

Regards
Norman Bassett
drakenfels.org