From:   "John Hurst", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

( Jackboot Johnny is the Australian gun banning Prime Minister- John Howard)

MARTIN ESSENBERG
Lot 7 Runnymede Estate Rd
Nanango, 4615
(07) 41-632-423 (ah)
e-mail- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gun web-site-  http://www.geocities.com/marsiegen/index.html

COULD ANY PRO-GUN PERSON RECEIVING THIS EMAIL PASS IT ON
COULD YOU ALSO MAKE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT ASIO BEING USED AGAINST LEGITIMATE
DISSENT KNOWN TO THE POLITICIANS WHOSE ADDRESSES ARE IN THE "To" AND "Cc"
BOXES

ASIO is the Australian Security and Intelligence Organisation. Its a mini
version of the CIA.

Last Wednesday I was contacted about an interview with ASIO. They were
interested in me because I am a pro-gun activist.

On Friday Felicity Carbury and Luke Di Porto from ASIO stopped by the office
of Dorothy Pratt MLA (my member of Parliament) where I had arranged to meet
them. They provided no proof opf their identity.

Dorothy had offered me one of her staff as a witness and had supplied me
with a small tape recorder. I declared to the ASIO people that as a matter
of protecting myself that I would be taping the interview. They refused to
allow this. Their perception of confidentiality is that I must do whatever
they say and allow myself to be set up.

After 10 minutes of disagreement I insisted that I be allowed to tape the
conversation. If I had been in a Police station this would be done by the
Police as a matter of course. They refused and left.

On Dorothy's return we discussed the issue and we agreed that I offer a
compromise. I would do without the tape if Dorothy Pratt MLA was the
witness. I phoned ASIO (07 38315980) Friday afternoon and made them this
offer. On Monday I phoned them again and renewed the offer. They refused. It
seems that in the brief argument with me on Friday they had learned all they
needed to know about "extremist elements" (their words).

I was the one to be interviewed but they refused both a Taperecorder and a
member of Parliament to be present. What had ASIO got to hide? Why should
ASIO be involved in political dissent? Why should I allow ASIO to set me up
without my being allowed precautions?

I object to the use of ASIO against gun owners.

Of all dissident groups in the community Gun owners have been the least
extreme. There has been some peaceful protests and some court action but
largely we have used political action to fight the gun laws.

The mad and the bad (criminals) misuse guns but I am unaware of any pro gun
Australian who has used force to oppose the illegal actions of the
Government. I see no reason why ASIO is being sent after imaginary
terrorists. Terrorism is just being used as an excuse to justify surveilance
of gun owners.

Only a few years ago Gun use was a skill valued by the Government and
society. Now we are legislated against by Government and slandered by the
media. The law has become so extreme that I now face court for the
unlicenced possession of a stock of a rifle. Now the Government that brought
in the gun laws feels it has so alienated gun owners that it now needs to
act as though we are all potential terrorists.

This is paranoia. The only "extremist elements" are the members of the
Government who through a series of stupid and illegal laws seek to control
gun owners.

Make your views known on ASIO surveilance.
EMAIL THE POLITICIANS WITH YOUR VIEWS.

Thanks
Martin Essenberg
--
I find this interesting because the CIA is not allowed to operate on
US soil, and MI6 is not allowed to conduct operations in the UK either.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]