From:   "Hugh Bellars", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Whilst we are on the subject of the Israeli's approach to riot control, does
anyone know the purpose of the muzzle attachment seen on some of the Israeli
M16s?

My guess is that it is either a muzzle-loading launch tube for the Israeli
'mouse ball' rubber-covered bullets mentioned by Nick Steadman; or else it
might be a small suppressor designed to cut the sound of discharge to below
the ear damage threshold. My guess is its the former, since the tube seems
to produce a fair flash when the rifle is fired.

Hugh
--
I'm not sure either but whatever they're shooting does not
cycle the action as they are clearly shown manually working

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]