From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

While not wanting to belittle any genuine problem which might exist with the
Rem 700, or seem indifferent to the Barbers' tragic loss of their son, I have
to say that most of the accidents described in this report are clearly due to
faulty gun-handling. If a rifle isn't pointing at you, it can't hurt you -
and in the case of the guy who unloaded in a pickup truck and injured his
brother with a ricochet, that was pretty silly too. What are these people
doing, fingering their triggers with the safety on, without taking a shot?
The Rem 700 has a reputation for having one of the best out-of-the-box
triggers around, one that is widely re-worked by good gunsmiths. Mine is the
best rifle I've ever owned. Most of this panic is about American litigation
mania, a feeding frenzy promoted by lawyers. Seventeen million dollars
compensation for an idiot who shoots himself in the foot? Hell, I'd shoot my
foot off for that kind of money. Stark, staring lunacy.
Anthony Harrison

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]