From:   "niel fagan", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>I'm not sure if this was a "problem looking for a solution" or a bit of
>quick marketing BUT
>
>Prometheus Pellets 020 8340 3039 www.airgunpellets.com
>
>Came up with their "sabot" style pellet, i.e. a plastic skirt around the
>steel?? core. They made differing ones for standard airguns and others for
>20 to 80ftlb rifles.
>
>I tried their originals 7-8 years ago and found them very good, with better
>penetration than all lead
>
>Tom C

Tried both types, and the heavier ones for fac rated will put a borderline
legal 11.5 ft/lb rifle over the limit by several ft/lbs due to the reduced
friction with greater mass, the lighter ones just travel faster but with
less mass than a "normal" pellet so *SHOULD* remain under the limit. Anyone
remember them being shown to be especially  dangerous on some news program
in the late 80's, shattered a clothes dummies head IIRC for dramatic effect.

One pellet I liked was the "ballistic", they had a steel ball in the centre
~1.5 mm dia, that carried on when the lead jacket stopped, very effective on
vermin, but bounce backs were a risk from tree's if you missed.

Fave air rifle, HW80 with a 10 inch barrel and two sided tyrolien stock,
shot well off of both shoulders, had a parker hale silencer so the v-short
barrel was needed in the fruit fields/convent grounds I had to shoot over.
The sisters always appriciated the fruits of my labours, and their brassicas
benifited from not being attacked too.

Niel

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.