From:   Norman Bassett, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:     , cybershooters
From: Norman Bassett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I was looking through the Electronic Telegraph archive
on http://www.telegraph.co.uk and found this:

"Monday 18 March 1996: Quantities of computer software
and photographs of half-dressed boys have been removed
from Hamilton's groundfloor flat in Stirling, eight
miles from the primary school where he carried out
last Wednesday's killings. The possibility that
Hamilton had an Internet link is also being
investigated.

Evidence recovered from Hamilton's flat led police to
those questioned last week. Two of those interviewed
about the suspected paedophile ring are known to have
been in regular contact with Hamilton - with some
calls lasting as long as 25 minutes - in the run-up to
the primary school tragedy. The last call came a few
hours before the massacre.

Police are also believed to be investigating possible
links to the homosexual community in Edinburgh, 40
miles from Dunblane. Hamilton was cautioned by Lothian
police 18 months ago after being found in a
compromising position with a man in the Scottish
capital."

Police investigations into Hamilton's background don't
seem to have made much progress since then.

And another bit of information (same source, today's
date) on what the police are receiving salary for:

"On his arrest in February 1999, Mulcahy who had
denied his guilt in 1986, vomited in front of police
but refused to speak. In court he denied the attacks.
One unnamed victim spoke later of her anguish. She
criticised the initial response of officers, but said
procedures had greatly improved. "It took four
attempts to report to police my attack by two men on
Hampstead Heath in the early 1980s. No one took any
notice of me until the fourth attempt when police
finally took a witness statement."

Now, however, attitudes were much better. "During the
past two years police have given me support throughout
with regular updates via phone calls and visits to my
home. Women who have been subjected to such attacks
should be made aware that the police and court process
today is supportive, caring and understanding."

If you ever wondered how people like Hamilton and
Mulcahy got away with serious crimes for twenty-year
careers, you should be getting the general idea by
now...

Regards
Norman Bassett
drakenfels.org