From:   Dave Reay, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Some interesting new reports here about the cops in Luxembourg luring the
>hostage taker to his death by posing as news reporters and then shooting him
>twice in the head with a gun hidden in a fake TV camera!!!
>
>If there is any truth in this then surely this is murder as he presumably
>could not be posing any immediate threat to the hostages if he was
>supposedly talking to reporters?
>
>Cheers
>

>TJ
>--
>They were certainly violating the European Firearms Directive.  Disguising
>any firearm as another object places you in possession of a prohibited
>weapon.
>
>Steve.

Sorry to disagree, but this sounds like "limp wristed bunny hugger" type
comments. The bloke was threatening the lives of innocent people with a
grenade and two cans of petrol, oops! I nearly forgot to mention a
handgun as well. He was well out of line and tragedy could have resulted
in very short order, so they did the right thing in my opinion by taking
him out by whatever means they could. The bloke may have had severe
mental problems which, with medication and months of care and attention,
could have been resolved. But the bloke had crossed the line, his threat
was real and immediate to the hostages and therefore immediate action
had to be taken, the hostages would not be given the luxury of months of
care and attention, their lives hung in the balance or imbalance of this
blokes brain. The Luxembourg Plod had their priorities right, their main
concern was for the lives of the innocent hostages and sod the bastard
that was threatening their lives. They may well have infringed a
thousand EEC directives, but ask the hostages if they give a shit.
--
Dave Reay
--

Steve.