From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was listening to an old soldier speaking on the radio about
Dunkirk and saying the BEF were reduced to firing blanks from
their rifles and had blown their artillery up while retreating
for lack of shells and in order that the guns shouldn't fall
into German hands.

My uncle told me that while with the BEF he'd seen a soldier
throwing his Lee Enfield away and asked him why. The soldier
said, Major I've had 40 rounds a day to fight with on this
campaign when I needed 200 to 300 rounds a day and I haven't
had any ammunition AT ALL for the past three weeks. Perhaps
all those soldiers who left Dunkirk without their rifles - as
seen on the films of the event - felt likewise? Seems to have
been some kind of a supplies shortage - er, while lines of
supply were shortening as a result of the BEF's retreat? And
after Churchill had been in charge of munitions supply in the
Great War, too... Could our esteemed government be LYING to
us? STILL, after 60 years?

There's another major inconsistency in The Official Tale - the
divebombers were doing their damnedest against the troops on
the seashore while the German army was holding back because
Hitler didn't want to upset the British too much?

I won't tell you what my uncle told me about that - or the
supplies shortage - because you wouldn't believe me!
But I don't really see why the government should get away with
their lies.

Regards
Norman Bassett
drakenfels.org
--
The "official tale" as you call it is a political theory put
forward by some german historian, and even he says that it is

Steve.

  -------[Cybershooters contacts]--------

  Editor: [EMAIL PROTECTED]