On 2010-08-19 12:28, Eric Blake wrote:
Hmm, digging through Cygwin's readdir code, I have a vague idea.

Eric, does find honor the struct dirent d_type flag?  I'm wondering
if d_type is erroneously set to DT_REG for some reason.  If so, we
could find this out by augmenting the debug output in the Cygwin DLL.

find (but not oldfind) relies heavily on the d_type flag.  If that flag
is incorrect, it could explain why find gets lost.  Could you repeat the
experiment with 'oldfind' and see if that behaves better?

oldfind displays all 100,000 files.