"Or whatever? What makes you think that anyone can crack any of the strong
encryption?"

I don't think they can. But your point seems to miss my own point. There
will certainly be a certain number of uncrackable mesages out there (as a
trained physicist I am fairly certain that even military quantum computing
efforts are nowhere near theability to crack strongly encrypted messages).
But there will also be a large number of less-strongly and even weakly
encrypted messages being sent out there. Various agencies with large amounts
of hardware will be looking at this as a statisitcal/logistic issue...I
strongly doubt they only attempt cracking on a message-by-message basis.

And indeed, in a world where most messages are fairly weakly encrypted,
bursts of strongly-encrypted messages will stand out all the more and
possibly flag the need for other methods of investigation.

Which returns to my original point: the "easy" availability of strong crypto
products does not mean it is unprofitable for an agency to continue to push
populations towards lighter forms of encryption.