On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> Realtime, cheap, reliable, invisible. Hard to fake, especially if combined
> with other biometrics. Can be as sensitive as a canine, in principle.
[...]
> http://www.eps.gov/spg/USA/USAMC/DAAD19/DAAD19-03-R-0004/SynopsisP.html

I would think anyone doing brain research on dogs should be advised of
this.  The overall processing in a dogs brain would be the first thing you
want to study.  Building devices to mimic what a dog does is the second
step.  I'm not into dogs myself, but they do have some amazing abilities.
Something like 70% of the dog's brain is devoted to it's nose.  That
should tell them something about the difficulty of the task :-)

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike