On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Michael Cardenas wrote:

> I'm not advocating armed rebellion. I'm saying that the current
> political structures in power have massive political might and are
> willing to use it to stay in power, as we are witnessing more everyday,
> and anything that challenges that might will eventually have to face it.

Nothing has changed in the past 10,000 years.  There are more
people now, more toys to play with and things happen faster.  I
don't see Nero as that much different than W, other than W's
mom isn't gonna get offed like Nero's was.  She's smarter than
her son is :-)

As the massive political powers become more corrupt, they make
more mistakes.  They don't have to think too hard any more
because they are massive political powers.  That's their weakness,
and it's a damn good thing too.  Getting them to destroy themselves
becomes easier - like the Medici.  The Berrata family is still around,
mostly because they never decided to be a _political_ power.  They
have stayed as an economic one.

Political structures have to die just like living ones for things
to change.  I think we'll see things change.  But I won't bet how :-)

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike