Tyler Durden wrote:
I got a hold of a little gadget recently that is very nearly perfect for certain forms of data storage. It's called a "Thumbdrive" and I bought it online somewhere (64Meg for about $179 or so).

The cool thing about this drive (small enough that it has holes for use as a keychain) is that it's got a "Public" area and a private area, and the private area is accessible (if one desires) only via the little fingerprint reader on the top of the drive. (It's also USB based, and on Windows2000 and beyond you don't need any software drivers--just plug it in to a USB port and it appears as a drive).

ANyway, I was wondering. I'd really like a nice software mod of this thing so that, depending on which finger I use for verification, a different private area on the drive will open (right now several users can be assigned access by the master user to use their fingerprint for access to the single private area). Of course, there should be no indication that there even IS more than one private area.

So...anyone heard of such a hack/mod, or is there a straightforward way to go about doing it oneself?
Nice! Get them to cut _all_ your fingers off instead of just one.

Just say no to amputationware.

Cheers,

Ben.