On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 04:16:37AM +0100, Thomas Shaddack wrote:
> > Given that a hit job by Russian mafia ran for about 5 k$ not so very long
> > ago, the apparent immunity to mayhem by so many who've been begging for it
> > for a oh so long time restores my faith into fundamental niceness of the
> > average monkey.
>
> Alternate hypothesis could be that there are so many such vermins that
> taking them out this way would be about as effective as taking out ants
> with a BB gun (though it'd be surely a nice way to kill the afternoon).

  Reminds me of when I was a kid and I'd spend the day out in the rafters of the
corn crib just before they started filling it with the Fall harvest. It was
great fun -- I'd get a free couple boxes of .22 shorts and sit there with my .22
single shot, blasting mice and rats. What was most interesting was that after I
shot a rat, it was only a short wait until another would come out to retrieve
the corpse. When I was younger, I had the delusion that it was because the
family wanted to give their loved one a proper burial.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix