Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 18:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Libertarian and Green Party Presidential Candidates Arrested!
From: (another list)

While trying to enter the Bi-Partisan Press Conference tonight to serve
legal papers to the CPD:

http://badnarik.org/supporters/blog/2004/10/08/michael-badnarik-arrested/

8:38PM CT

The first report from St. Louis is in - and presidential candidates
Michael Badnarik (Libertarian) and David Cobb (Green Party) were just
arrested. Badnarik was carrying an Order to Show Cause, which he intended
to serve the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD). Earlier today,
Libertarians attempted to serve these same papers at the Washington, D.C.
headquarters of the CPD - but were stopped from approaching the CPD office
by security guards.

Fred Collins reported to me from the ground that Badnarik and Cobb are in
great physical condition and great spirit.

As soon as more details are available, they will be posted here immediately.

8:51PM CT

I just spoke with Jon Airheart on his cellular telephone. He reports that
while he could see no handcuffs, both Badnarik and Cobb had their hands
behind their backs, as if they were handcuffed. Airheart also confirms
that Badnarik did have the papers to serve the CPD in his jacket pocket.

9:09PM CT

The first AP report just hit Google News:

    Just as the debate began, two third-party presidential candidates
purposely crossed a police barricade and were arrested. Green Party
presidential candidate David Cobb and Libertarian Party candidate
Michael Badnarik were protesting their exclusion from the debate

And a whole lot more on the blog page...

Mark

----
Bill Stewart [EMAIL PROTECTED]