At 07:22 AM 5/31/2005, Tyler Durden wrote:
OK...what;s the best exchange service for transferring dollars (perhaps via paypal or credit cards) into egold?

I haven't found anybody that'll take credit cards or paypal
without either major hurdles or extremely high fees -
there's too much risk of fraud including reneging on credit card charges.

However, I've been very pleased with Goldage.net -
they've got several mechanisms for paying them,
including walking in to one of half a dozen major US banks
and making a deposit to their account,
as well as a few varieties of wire transfer.

They're a transaction-based service rather than an account-based service,
and support a variety of online gold currencies.

I don't use e-gold myself - I get so much spam purporting to be
from them that it's much simpler to discard all of it,
since 99.9% is phishing.  But a certain anonymous person
with whom I might or might not be be familiar was able to
use Goldage's online interface to set up a transaction,
hand some dead presidents to a Bank that's in America,
and a day or two later the transaction cleared and
there was a deposit to an electronic currency company's account,
which could allegedly be used to pay a merchant.
Fees were pretty low, though for relatively small transactions
the minimum fee is the main concern, rather than the
percentages that matter more on larger transactions.