sunder wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
> In other words, everyone here in NYC knows that we've > given up a lot for the sake of the appearence of security, but no one > seems to give a damn.

I wouldn't say "we've given up" at all - after all, we've had no choice in the matter. We weren't asked if we wanted to be searched, we weren't asked if we were willing to give up liberty for the appearance of security, we weren't asked if we were ok with atrocities such as the unpatriot act, or the national ID disguised as a standardized driver's license, we weren't asked if we were willing to pay lots of tax dollars to finance more police on every corner and all the toys that they have purchased for these tasks, or the various hollow cement "flower" pots, and other barricades.

Sure we have been asked.  We get asked every two years, which means
twice already since 9/11.  We keep electing the same assholes who gave
us the patriot act, and the national ID cards, and the "assault weapons"
ban and all of the Know Your Customer / anti-money-laundering
regulations, and the anti-drug laws.  "We" have the power to stop all of
this if we choose.

GH