Tim May wrote:
> Who uses crypto on a regular basis are those for whom the risks of
> getting caught with certain material or certain thoughts are nonzero,
> and for whom the penalties are significant. The usual examples:
> freedom fighters plotting to blow up government buildings, child
> pornographers, money launderers making plans, etc.

what about discovery?

I'm not aware of the precise details of your legal system (except that
it appears to be completely insane from an outside perspective) but I
learned that lots of nasty stuff has been discovered by subpoenas etc.

are you required to provide your private keys to an enemy (e.g. someone
who is sueing you) ?

otherwise, having your mail encrypted on the disk would be a great
thing. and different from having an encrypted filesystem, it IS true
that handing them your key would compromise any and all past, present
and future conversations. provided your legal system has some sanity
left, that should be overbroad.