At 07:09 PM 1/22/01 -0500, dmolnar wrote:
>> Etizoni is a very technical boy.  Unfortunately, his value system
>> led him to invent "Fair Cryptography" (that's "fair" as in "Fair Trade",
>> not "fair" as in "actually fair to anybody" :-), which covers a
>> couple of variants on key escrow.
>
>Hmm. So this explains all those papers on "fair cryptosystems." Well, at
>least one paper (and patent!) by Micali...

Gak.  How did I spaz so badly on that one?  Of course it was Micali.
Ignore my whole paragraph!

I think Etizoni did something technical though, but maybe it was
some other privacy-degrading thing, or maybe I'm remembering him
commenting on fair cryptosystems.
                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]