I think I'll be looking elsewhere for air travel. Unless, of course, I can wear a mask :)

SKY-HIGH SURVEILLANCE HITS AIRLINE INDUSTRY

Southeast Airlines is pioneering an in-flight surveillance program that
will use digital videocameras installed through the cabins of its planes to
record passengers' activities throughout the flight as a precaution against
terrorism and other threats. The charter airline, based in Largo, Fla.,
says it may use face recognition software to match faces to names and
personal records, and plans to store the digital data for up to 10 years.
"From a security standpoint, this provides a great advantage to assure that
there is a safe environment at all times," says Southeast's VP of planning.
The airline says that while such security measures are not required by the
FAA, it expects other airlines will adopt similar systems soon. That
prediction alarms privacy advocates who especially question the need for
retaining the video after the flight is over. "What's the point of keeping
track of everyone when nothing happens on the flight?" asks Lee Tien,
senior staff attorney for the Electronic Frontier Foundation, who points
out that the video system could record conversations between passengers as
well as capture the titles of passengers' reading material. (Wired.com 18
Jul 2003)

<http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,59652,00.html>

steve