On Monday 11 February 2002 12:30, Eric Cordian wrote:
> Some guy on a flight to SLC tries to go to the bathroom 5 minutes later
> than allowed, and then pauses before following orders to return to his
> seat.
>
> So of course, Armed Air Marshals immediately take over the cabin.
>
> The guy with the weak bladder faces 20 years in prison, for defying the
> state in the form of a flight crew.

What was he supposed to do? Pee in his seat?

The way the air marshal reacted reminded me of kindergarten.  "Since one of
you disobeyed, all of you have to put your heads on your desks until told
otherwise."

feh!

I live in a state where the economy is being helped into the sewer because of
the absurd travel restrictions.

Oregon has a high percentage of high-tech companies that are owned by out of
state entities.  (For some weird reason, they think that they have to have a
Silicon Valley address or they will not be thought of as "special".)

Before this stupidity started, most business between such offices was done by
hopping on a plane every couple of days. Now that is less than practical.

I know at least one person who has lost her job due to the office being shut
down because it was just too much hassle having a satelite office in Oregon.

Intel got around the previous rules by having private jets. I have not heard
if they have had to follow the same silly restrictions since the "Sept 11th
excuse". (I have not been back to San Jose since last August, which is fine
by me since it is one of the most BORING places I have ever been. It needs a
large band that says "Sanitized for your protection" wrapped around the city.)

I doubt if anyone in Washington will get a clue and change things any time
soon.  Not until businesses get a clue and beat on their various purchaced
congress-critters.