Ultra originated in Poland, not Britain. The wartime decryption work was
of course carried out in Britain, but without the prewar "seed" work of
the Poles it would probably have been futile.

Marc de Piolenc

--
Remember September 11, 2001 but don't forget July 4, 1776

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin