http://www.mathsoft.com/asolve/plouffe/plouffe.html

>                If I use this as my PRNG (one way I could seed it would
> be to use key to pick a starting point)

Or just mix pi with a more conventional PRNG, which will avoid you having
to use huge seeds to stop your output stream matching anyone's pregenerated
lookup tables of lots of digits of pi.

--
Alan Braggins  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.ncipher.com/
nCipher Corporation Ltd.  +44 1223 723600  Fax: +44 1223 723601