I read how they plan on doing this.  I predict it will give a percentage
of the movie-going public screaming headaches.  (Or at least make them
very uncomfortable.)  These are the same people who are sensitive to the
flicker of cheap 60 hz office lighting.

Not that a bit of discomfort was any concern to the MPAA.  Look at the
movies they put out!