Hi Paul,

This patch makes sense, but for some reason, I think it breaks HTTP Digest Auth. I will need to do some testing.

On 04/01/2015 03:13 PM, Paul Dekkers wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that the pam-service for http in Cyrus 2.5.0 is capitalized,
while FreeBSD only accepts it lowercase:

saslauthd[96159]: in openpam_configure(): invalid service name
saslauthd[96159]: do_auth         : auth failure: [user=paul]
[service=HTTP] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM start error]

So I had to change the 2 instances of sasl_server_new in httpd.c, I
attached the patch that I had to do.

Is there a good reason for having this service capitalized? The other
services are lowercase...

Regards,
Paul

P.S. I've send this to the info-cyrus list somewhere hidden in a larger
mail ;-) but I guess/hope this is the more appropriate list for this.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer