2010/12/9 Robert Bradshaw <rober...@math.washington.edu>:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Stefan Behnel <stefan...@behnel.de> wrote:
>> Robert Bradshaw, 09.12.2010 11:00:

>>> That's exactly what I was thinking. It'll make it easier to review as
>>> well, and for others to contribute without disturbing the main line.
>>
>> BTW, when this goes in, the next Cython version to release is basically
>> 1.0, right? There are some minor Python compatibility issues left, but
>> that'll be the last major feature, the way I count it.
>
> This will be the last major feature before 1.0, but I don't know that
> the first release this is in should be the 1.0 release.
>
> I also think we should set the compatibility bar a bit higher for 1.0
> as well--I want a concrete list of all the differences between Python
> X.y and Cython (for un-annotated code) and to be able to say that, if
> you don't count on the behavior in this list (e.g. identity vs
> equality for floating point literals, maybe stack frames) then you
> should be able to compile your code and have it just work, but
> hopefully faster. At the very least, until we at least attempt to make
> such a list, we won't know where we stand (the regression tests
> presumably being somewhat of a starting point, though I'd like to get
> all of them passing (unless they deal with implementation
> details...)).
>
> - Robert
>

>>   - Comprehensions are now handled by OldYieldExprNode
>
>... another one of those bad names. ;)
>
>Any reason you couldn't reuse it for both?

Didn't yet implemented ;) GenexpNode should be replaced with DefFunc
one that's easy but I want to fix refnanny first. Then fix refcount
leaks.

>>   - I don't know how to make refnanny work, should refnanny context be
>> stored in closure?
>
> Good call. That's a tricky question.
>
> What about generating a GIVEREF for every Python temp you store in the
> closure, a GOTREF for everything you take back out, and finish/restart the
> refnanny context around the yield?

Yes, that would help. But the main problem is refnanny context
setupcontext defines local variable __pyx_refnanny, we should have one
more macro refnanny_reinitalize_context()

>> BTW, why not set up a github branch for this?
>
> That's exactly what I was thinking. It'll make it easier to review as
> well, and for others to contribute without disturbing the main line.

Should I fork cython from github? Is github insync with hg repo? What
is main repo now?

ps: I think we should horry with 1.0 release

--
vitja.