(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sanhedrin 095a: David's punishment
The Kollel wrote:
>>Often find that a person's children are punished for his sins, as we find
>>with regard to the children of Eli (Shmuel 1 3:12), Yorav'am (Melachim 1
>>14:10) etc. <<

Carl M. Sherer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:
>From where do you learn that the children of Eli were punished for
their father's sin? The Navi gives the distinct impression that they
were punished for "lying with married women," which the Gemara
explains to mean that they did not bring birthing mothers Kinim in a
timely manner, leading those women to live with their husbands when
they were still forbidden. Thus it would appear that Bnei Eli were
punished for their own sin.

Carl M. Sherer
--------
The Kollel replies:

You are quite correct. What I meant to say was that the children of the
*Benei* Eli were punished because of their parents' sins. (See Rosh
Hashanah 18a; Rashi Eruvin 25b DH mi'Mula'i etc.).

M. Kornfeld

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with this text in the body of the message:
unsubscribe daf-discuss