(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Beitzah 005: The Bais ha'Mikdash will...

Jewish Press Advertising asked:

Dear Rabbis,

Rav Adda and Rav Shalmon give a diff. reason why the egg on the 2nd
day of RH would still be prohibited nowadays. The Bais Hamikdash will
come and the Takanah of 2 days would automatically resume (and
someone might use an egg on the 2nd day).

If we say that the Takanah is only removed with a gathering of
Rabbis, not just because the reason went away, why would a Takaknah
gathering wouldn't there be a "Kol?)?

Thanks
Moshe Klass
----------------------------
The Kollel replies:

Dear Moshe,

Thanks for your question. In the Mishnah in Ma'aser Sheni (5:2) it
mentions that according to Rabbi Yosi, the requirement to bring the
actual fruit to Yerushalayim was negated when the Beis ha'Mikdash was
destroyed. Rabbi Yosi concludes that at the time of the Churban, they
stipulated that when the Beis ha'Mikdash will be rebuilt, the
original requirement will automatically be restored.

The Tiferes Yisrael explains that this stipulation was necessary, for
otherwise they could have not annulled the original Takanah. This
shows us that when Takanos were annulled as a result of the Churban,
it was done on a temporary basis until the Beis ha'Mikdash will be
rebuilt. I would assume that this idea applies here as well. When the
Beis ha'Mikdash will be rebuilt, bi'Meheirah b'Yamainu, the orginal
Takanos will be restored automatically.

May we speedily be zocheh to see the Beis ha'Mikdash rebuilt.

Y. Landy