(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Rosh Hashanah 002: Is a Shtar Me'uchar really Kosher?

alex lebovits asked:

R' Chrysler Hello.

Acc. to your definiton of "meshubadim"; and I quote you here (from
your question and answer sheet): "'Meshubadim' (property from which
the creditor has a right to claim), by definition, applies only to
property owned by the debtor at the time of the loan, which he sold
after that date."

Why is then a shtar meuchar kosher?-It is possible that new land was
actually bought only after the loan was made; but because the shtar
is dated later it appears that the land was around already at the
time of the loan!

Be well,
alex lebovits, toronto, canada
The Kollel replies:

You are correct.  We should correct the definition we provided to
read, "applies only to property owned by the debtor at the time of
the loan or at any point after the loan was made, which he sold after
the date of the loan."

Thank you,
Mordecai Kornfeld
Kollel Iyun Hadaf