(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      d...@dafyomi.co.il

Yevamos 000: Repeated Sugyos?

aurel littmann asks:

I am attending daf yomi shiur in Yevamos and often I get lost - as it is
too hard for me to keep all the concepts in mind.  There is a picture book
that diagrams the cases and the diagrams are very helpful.  My question is
- very often the book refers the reader back to an earlier or later diagram
and, when i turn to that one - again seems very helpful - but does that
mean that the gemorah is repeating similar cases over again?

The Kollel replies:

Shalom Rav,
The Gemara does sometimes repeat a case, usually in a different context. If
you examine the Mesores ha'Shas  (on the top corner of each page of
Gemara), you will see that he often refers to the same Gemara under
discussion in a different location in Shas.

Moreover, here in Yevamos many of the cases are built on other cases, and
so the helpful diagram book will reference those other cases.

B'Virchas Kol Tuv,
Eliezer Chrysler
The *D*AFYOMI *A*DVANCEMENT *F*ORUM, brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf

Write to us at d...@dafyomi.co.il or visit us at http://www.dafyomi.co.il
Tel/Fax(US): 646-820-3315; Fax(Isr): (02) 591-6024; Tel(Isr): (02) 651-5004