(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Menachos 034: Mezuzah for a Sukah
Levi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:

Does a succah need a mezuzah? If not, if a succah opens into a house, does
it need a mezuzah as acting like a beis sha'ar to the house?

Levi, Brooklyn NY
The Kollel replies:

The Gemara Yoma 10a brings an argument between Rebbi Yehudah and the
Chachamim as to whether a Sukah needs a Mezuzah or not. The Gemara
concludes that Rebbi Yehudah's opinion is based on the fact that he
maintains that a Sukah must be Diras Keva. Since we do not rulelike Rebbi
Yehudah as far as Diras Keva, we do not need a Mezuzah on a Sukah.

Apparently, even if it is considered a "Beis Sha'ar," it would have to be a
Beis Sha'ar for the entire year in order to need a Mezuzah.

D. Zupnik

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with this text in the body of the message:
unsubscribe daf-discuss